Williams Machinery, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 and 2019! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We have a great opportunity for Shop Supervisor to join our team in Prince George. This role will be responsible to ensuring the shop is run smoothly, work orders are dispatched to technicians and a high level of customer service and quality is maintained. If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply now.
- Assist in diagnosis and repair of Material Handling, Compact Construction and Heavy Equipment
- Monitor technician time, as well as billable / non-billable work and control unapplied time
- Build service quotes and dispatch service work to technicians (Prince George and Terrace)
- Monitor progress, provide direction or discipline as required
- Ensure a high level of quality control in shop repairs
- Assist service advisors on work order stories/write-ups/warranty issue/customer issues
- Communicate repair status and requirements to customers
- Responsible for creating and implementing technicians training plans
- Handle all IT and service laptop issues
- Travel to Terrace several times a year
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Heavy-Duty Journeyman certification or equivalent experienced in small construction and material handling with consistent exceptional customer service skills
- General ability to assist in diagnostics and repairs on hydraulic and electrical systems as well as reading schematics from each
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Willingness and desire to coach and mentor team members
- Ability and willingness to complete online training on our products.
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.