Williams Machinery, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers in 2018 and 2019! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We are currently looking for a Shop Service Supervisor; reporting to the Service Manager, the Shop Supervisor will be responsible for leading and mentoring technicians, creating and maintaining schedules and help set day-to-day priorities. If you are looking for a stable, growing company that is working towards ultimate customer satisfaction, apply now.
- Lead a team of shop service technicians to complete quoted breakdown, rebuilds, PDI’s, service and repair of material handling and compact construction equipment
- Provide technical guidance, as required
- Create and maintain schedules
- Coach and develop apprentices
- Guide technicians to improve efficiencies
- Lease with customers to provide detailed feedback on job status and scope changes, when required
- Oversee shop supplies’ inventory
- Assist the Service Manager with other duties, as required
- Promote and lead Health and Safety initiatives, whilst ensuring compliance to existing Health and Safety policies
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to read schematics and embrace continued learning
- In-depth understanding of mechanical equipment with a passion to learn
- Understand equipment / automotive repairs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Willing to attend onsite and off-sight manufacturer’s training in the US
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong execution and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment with willingness and desire to learn.
- A proactive autonomous individual driven by own high standards and desire to succeed.
Experience & Education:
- High School diploma
- Related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. We stay true to our values, live and breathe GRIT, and reward those who are exceptional. We believe that inspired employees are empowered employees.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.