Williams Machinery, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, this position oversees and grows the operations of Williams Machinery in Surrey. You will also work closely with the local team to manage performance, advise and pitch-in to support high levels of customer experience and to generate profitable revenue growth in service, parts, rentals.
- Manage all aspects of business operations which includes service, parts, rentals;
- Develop highly engaged teams in each department through effective recruitment, training, scheduling, performance management and recognition activities;
- Actively promote and instill a customer focus throughout all departments and branches;
- Excel the customer experience through high levels of adoption of the customer experience standards and proactive approach in all teams;
- Proactively and enthusiastically engage customers in dialogue to understand needs, follow up on concerns and issues and to grow customer accounts in all areas of our business;
- Understand and effectively manage the business financials throughout the year in order to maintain and obtain profitability in all departments;
- Drive team productivity to meet and or exceed monthly targets (revenue, absorption, etc.);
- Monitor (technical and other) training requirements of the teams and arrange the appropriate training;
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment, complying with all health and safety policies, procedures and legislation.
Talent Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees;
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated and improved;
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning;
- Train, develop, mentor and coach junior team members;
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment;
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical background is considered an asset;
- Proven ability to build high performing teams;
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectations;
- Ability to understand business financials and levers for improvement;
- Ability to build relationships in person, via phone and alternate methods of communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic and well organized;
- Strong problem solving skills with a focus on improving processes through a collaborative approach;
- A proactive autonomous individual able to set own high standards and succeed.
Training, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience and success in delivering results as an operations/branch manager;
- Post-Secondary Education in a relevant field.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and with each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.