Outside Equipment Sales Support Representative (ESSR)
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Outside Equipment Sales Support Representative (ESSR), will be primarily responsible for successfully obtaining new customers in equipment support areas such as Servicing Agreements, Attachments, and Operator Training. The ESSR will also be responsible for maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Prospect and generate new business through customer site visits and outgoing telephone calls.
- Sell planned maintenance (service) contracts to new and existing customers.
- Be knowledgeable and able to present to customers the full-service offerings of the dealership, which also include parts, attachments, new service work, and operator training.
- Manage incoming customer calls and opportunities.
- Maintain the current existing customer relationships.
- Work closely with sales representatives to pass along equipment sales leads.
- Liaise between parts, service, and sales in order to assist with customer problem resolution and enhance the customer experience.
- Utilize Salesforce to its full potential in order to log, track and manage customer calls, prospecting, leads, deals, etc.
- Advise other departments of new customers or existing customers with whom that department is not doing business with.
- Actively seek out equipment sales opportunities for all Wesgroup Equipment product lines.
- Demonstrate a positive team attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and build new business relationships in person, via phone and by e-mail.
- Understanding of the entire sales process and how to effectively prospect, qualify and close deals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver consistent, exceptional service to customers.
- Ability to multi-task, responding to a dynamic work environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic and well organized.
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to drive in the Lower Mainland to meet customers.
- 2-3 Years’ experience and success in sales.
- High school diploma.
- Clean Drivers’ License; (Company vehicle provided).
- Base salary + Commission.
- 3 weeks vacation.
- Extended Benefits.
- RRSP Matching Plan.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Outside Equipment Sales Support Representative is based out of the Surrey office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Regular local travel in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley, with and some travel to the US will be expected.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.