Rental Sales Representative
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
This role will grow rental revenues by offering different rental equipment and attachment solutions that support our customers’ business needs. This role is highly customer focused and will Build Trust with customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations so they become raving fans and our company is their first call for all their rental needs. The incumbent is a Team Player who is committed to working together with sales and operations teams to identify and develop accounts. The representative offers the Company’s full range of equipment as a rental solution: Compact and Heavy Construction, Material Handling, Arborist, Landscaping, Recycling and Forestry Equipment and sublets equipment when it is not available through our dealership.
- Builds relationships and drives revenue with prospected and assigned accounts.
- Manages rental sales leads, contacts prospects, opens new accounts and generates profitable revenue by providing full-service account management.
- Successfully negotiate and close deals.
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry.
- Travel in the assigned territory for in-person meetings with customers.
Knowledge of our Products
- Articulate features, services and benefits that are in line with customer needs.
- Be knowledgeable and present customers with the dealerships full-service rental offerings, including short- & long-term and rent to purchase options.
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner.
Proposals creation and CRM documentation
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand.
- Identify creative solutions to exceed client expectations.
- Utilize Salesforce to its full potential to log, track and manage customer calls, prospecting, leads, etc.
- Analyze market conditions, competitive position, potential and current customer needs.
- Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information.
- Responsible for personal productivity, using all company tools and systems to maximize revenue and continually accelerate growth.
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager.
Conflict resolution and team player
- Successfully negotiate and close deals.
- Follow up with customers during & after the rental of equipment and attachments.
- Supports and participates in team sales initiatives by sharing information and providing support in account sales and service activities.
- Be a single point of contact for our rental customer and work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high client service levels.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the sales process and proven decision-making abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills and high level of customer focus.
- Results driven.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- 2-5 years of successful sales or rental experience in construction, equipment, or similar;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline will be an asset;
- High school diploma;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Base + Commission
- 3 weeks vacation.
- Extended Benefits.
- RRSP Matching Plan.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers, so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Sales Rental Representative is based out of the Terrace office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Regular local travel and some travel to the US will be expected.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.