Service Technician / Heavy Duty Mechanic
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Are you interested in servicing a diverse range of equipment, including Bobcat, Linde, Doosan, Clark, and Vermeer? From skid steers to excavators and more, our service teams handle it all. We are looking for a Service Technician to join our Williams Machinery dealership in the Prince George team. Reporting to the Service Manager, a successful candidate is customer-focused and a team player who can work independently. No matter which industry you have experience in, we hone your transferable skills and teach you all about the ever-changing world of equipment!
- Diagnosis and repair of equipment;
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections;
- Complete all necessary time card and report documentation as required;
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor's direction when required;
- Communicate repair status and requirements with customers and Supervisors alike;
- Excel the 'customer experience' by being professional at all times;
- Order and track all parts request to meet the customer expectation;
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required;
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Heavy-Duty Journeyman certification or equivalent (no-licensed technicians with at least four years of working experience as HD mechanic)
- General ability to carry out diagnostics and repairs on LPG, gas and diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as reading schematics from each
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Intermediate English language skills (Spoken and written)
- A valid driver's license and current Driver's abstract may be required. *
Benefits and Perks:
Our Service Technicians enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers. The salary range for a service technician varies from $36.57/hr to $41.74/hr, depending on the experience and qualifications. A valid driver's license and current Driver’s abstract may be required.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.