Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Apprentice Service Technician will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing Material Handling equipment, including electric power and internal combustion engine forklifts, and other such equipment. If you are friendly, driven, and a team worker, join our fantastic team in Prince George.
- Diagnosis and repair of Material Handling equipment, including electric power and internal combustion engine forklifts.
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services and Safety Inspections.
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor’s direction when required.
- Communicate repair status and requirements to customers and Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-3 years of experience working in a similar work environment.
- High School Diploma
- Must be an ITA registered Apprentice.
- General ability to carry out diagnostics and repairs on LPG, gas and diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems as well as reading schematics from each;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment;
- Willingness and desire to learn.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.