Sales Manager, Vermeer
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, Vermeer / Rentals Sales, this position focuses on actively developing business for the Vermeer product line as well as managing, coaching, and leading a small team of sales representatives. The Sales Manager, Vermeer collaborates with the Executives and others Sales Managers as required in order to develop the appropriate business/staffing plans as well as meet and exceed sales revenue that supports corporate objectives.
- This position is a quota-carrying sales leader role.
- Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services, and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow-ups, and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service, and parts.
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry.
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner.
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand.
- Successfully negotiate and close deals.
- Utilize and ensure team discipline on the use of resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files, and sales activity information.
- Assure that we have the correct inventory available in the different branches to maximize sales revenue and inventory turns.Order units from the OEM and track deliveries.
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager.
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers.
- Coach the sales team on sales process and methodology using weekly calls, monthly meetings, and joint calls/ride a-longs; to ensure that they meet or exceed budgets.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives.
- Creates and fosters a sales culture of accountability and performance.
- Ensures maximum sales volume at minimum cost.
- Manages team sales budget and regularly provides detailed and accurate sales activity and forecasting information to the Sales Manager.
- Works closely with Sales Manager, Vermeer / Rentals Sales to develop business and staffing plans that tie directly into corporate objectives.
- Monitors customer, market, and competitor activity.
- Further develop and or maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business is captured.
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop strong business relationships with clients, others in the industry, and internal partners such as service, parts, marketing, etc.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop/maintain key relationships.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and foster positive ongoing relationships with all employees.
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated, and improved.
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning.
- Train and develop the team through formal and informal coaching plans.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels.
- Ensure the company's “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment.
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven sales management experience.
- Able to develop and clearly articulate value-added solutions.
- Strong forecasting and pipeline management.
- Results-oriented and effective decision-making ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level of customer focus.
- Sound knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Builds and maintains relationships.
- Recruitment skills.
- Coaching Skills.
- Performance Management.
- Pipeline Management.
- Confident in using MS Office 365, including Excel.
- 5 + years of successful sales experience in sales of equipment or similar machinery/industry.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline considered an asset.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in managing and coaching sales teams.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 per year (based on skills and qualifications).
- Commission (if applicable).
- 3 weeks of vacation.
- Extended benefits.
- RRSP matching plan.
- Company car.
Build trust – with customers and each other;
Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Sales Manager is based out of the Abbotsford office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Some travel to other location in Canada, and in the US will be required.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.