Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
Williams Machinery (https://www.williamsmachinery.com/) sells, rents, and fixes equipment to customers across British Columbia. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Are you interested in servicing a diverse range of equipment, including Bobcat, Linde, Doosan, Clark, and Vermeer? From skid steers to excavators and more, our service teams handle it all. We are looking for permanent full-time Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics to join our Williams Machinery dealership at 10240 Grace Road, Surrey, BC, V3V3V6.
Reporting to the Service Manager, a successful candidate is customer-focused and a team player who can work independently. No matter which industry you have experience in, we hone your transferable skills and teach you all about the ever-changing world of equipment!
- Diagnosis /Faultfinding of earth moving and material handling equipment
- Repair and maintenance of earth moving and material handling equipment according to EOM specifications
- Check for the proper operation of earth moving and material handling equipment
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Clean lubricate and routine maintenance on earth moving and material handling equipment
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections
- Complete all necessary timecards and report documentation as required
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor's direction when required
- Communicate repair status and requirements with customers and Supervisors alike
- Excel the 'customer experience' by being always professional
- Order and track all parts request to meet the customer expectation
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Several years experience as a heavy-duty mechanic
- General ability to carry out diagnostics and repairs on diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as reading schematics from each
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A minimum of intermediate English language skills (spoken and written)
- A valid driver's license and current Driver’s abstract may be required.
- Qualified Journeyman from any jurisdiction OR eligibility to challenge the journeyman/red seal examination in BC 3rd or 4th apprentice.
- Journeyman qualifications that would be accepted would include but not limited to Heavy-Duty Mechanic, Heavy-Duty Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Automotive Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Automotive Electrician
Benefits and Perks:
- Our Service Technicians enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- $39.26 - $41.33 per hour base pay depending on the experience and qualifications, plus road premium and pension contribution.
- Benefits: Medical, Insurance, Dental, Pension, etc.
- For more information, please access the Collective agreement at https://www.williamsmachinery.com/documents/4/WilliamsCollectiveAgreement.pdf
- Relocation reimbursement available against receipts ($5000 and higher).
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
How to apply:
Please submit your application at: https://www.williamsmachinery.com/company/careers/
For any additional questions, please contact Alina Iuliana Calota at [email protected] or 604-930-3311.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.