Sales Representative, Major Accounts
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Sales Representative will work collaboratively with the Material Handling team and will be proactive in completing sales activities to represent, market and sell our products and services to new and existing clients.
• Service and support key major and strategic accounts.
• Develop account plans for major customers.
• Completing tender packages.
• Developing an analysis of customers’ fleet i.e. cost per hour for the life of the equipment.
• Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives.
• Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow ups and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service and parts.
• Racking and warehouse management solutions including automation.
• Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry.
• Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations.
• Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner.
• Able to clearly articulate features, services and benefits that are in line with customer needs.
• Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand.
• Successfully negotiate and close deals.
• Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information.
• Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager.
• Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high
levels of client service.
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years of successful sales experience in sales of construction or material handling equipment,
rentals or similar.
• Knowledge of the sales process and proven decision making abilities.
• Results driven.
• Strong negotiation skills and high level of customer focus.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills.
• Post-secondary education in a related discipline will be an asset.
• High school diploma.
• Requires a valid driver’s license.
• Base salary + commission.
• 3 weeks vacation.
• Extended Benefits.
• RRSP Matching Plan
• Build trust – with customers and each other;
• Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
• Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
• Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
• Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Sales Representative is based out of the Prince George office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Regular local travel and some travel to the US will be expected.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.