Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Palace to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Are you interested in working with world-class brands including Bobcat, Doosan, Linde, Clark, and Vermeer? As a Parts Advisor/Person at Williams Machinery, you would be doing just that! We are looking for a customer-focused individual to join our Surrey team. Responsibilities include communicating with customers, assisting with inventory control, as well as managing shipping and receiving. As a multifaceted position, you will work with a tight-knit team to support internal and external customers. If you possess excellent problem-solving ability, are self-motived, and pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service, we would love to hear from you!
- Professional communication via phone, email, and in-person with customers;
- Supports the Parts Department, including the shipping & receiving of inventory, lookup, and sourcing of parts, and opening and closing of invoices, core, and warranty returns;
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and cheque procedures of the dealership;
- Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale;
- Maintains the retail sale floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards;
- Assists in keeping parts department, inventory warehouse, and shipping & receiving clean and orderly;
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in their job description;
- Demonstrates a positive team attitude with a willingness to learn;
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-3 years experience in a Parts Department or similar;
- High school diploma.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and capable of standing or sitting for long periods of time at a different desk or counter heights and on varying surfaces;
- Operate forklift pallet jacks in an indoor and outdoor environment (training will be provided);
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships ;
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
Perks and Benefits:
Our Parts Advisors enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery. membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers. *