Williams Machinery, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Operation Manager to join our team in Prince George. This position will be responsible for overseeing and growing operations, you will also work closely with the team to manage performance, advise and pitch-in to support high levels of customer experience and to generate profitable revenue growth in service, parts and rentals.
- Manage all aspects of business operations which includes service, parts, rentals;
- Develop highly engaged teams in each department through effective recruitment, training, scheduling, performance management and recognition activities;
- Actively promote and instill a customer focus throughout all departments and branches;
- Excel the customer experience through high levels of adoption of the customer experience standards and proactive approach in all teams;
- Proactively and enthusiastically engage customers in dialogue to understand needs, follow up on concerns and issues and to grow customer accounts in all areas of our business;
- Understand and effectively manage the business financials throughout the year in order to maintain and obtain profitability in all departments;
- Drive team productivity to meet and or exceed monthly targets (revenue, absorption, etc.);
- Monitor (technical and other) training requirements of the teams and arrange the appropriate training;
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment, complying with all health and safety policies, procedures and legislation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to build high performing teams;
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectations;
- Ability to understand business financials and levers for improvement;
- Ability to build relationships in person, via phone and alternate methods of communication;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic and well organized;
- Strong problem solving skills with a focus on improving processes through a collaborative approach;
- A proactive autonomous individual able to set own high standards and succeed.
Training, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience and success in delivering results as an operations/branch manager;
- Post-Secondary Education.
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.