Apprentice Heavy-Duty Mechanic (Level 3/4)
Williams Machinery, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, is a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers. Since 1906 we have been selling, renting, and servicing heavy duty equipment. We service industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and much more.
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Service Technician (Year 3 or 4) to join our Service Team in Surrey. If you are pursuing your Red Seal Heavy Duty Technician Certification and enjoy working on a diverse range of heavy equipment, we would like to hear from you.
- Diagnosis and repair of equipment;
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections;
- Complete all necessary time cards and report documentation as required;
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor's direction when required;
- Communicate repair status and requirements with customers and Supervisors alike;
- Excel the 'customer experience' by being professional at all times;
- Order and track all parts request to meet the customer expectation;
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required;
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Heavy-Duty level-3 or 4 certification or equivalent (At least three years of working experience as HD mechanics);
- General ability to carry out diagnostics and repairs on LPG, gas and diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as reading schematics from each;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment;
- Willingness and desire to learn;
- Intermediate English language skills (Spoken and written);
- A valid driver's license and current Driver's abstract may be required. *
Benefits and Perks:
- Our Service Technicians enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- Collective Agreement: https://www.williamsmachinery.com/documents/4/WilliamsCollectiveAgreement.pdf
- The salary range for an apprentice technician varies from $33.06 - 37.19 per hour.
- A valid driver's license and current Driver’s abstract may be required.
- Pension between $3.70 and $4.17.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with WIlliams Machinery.