Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
As the Shipper Receiver, you will work closely with all departments to help ship, receive, log and track of general inbound/outbound freight.
- Shipping and receiving, logging and tracking of general inbound/outbound freight.
- Shipping document creation, tracking and filing.
- Processing of emergency orders, branch transfers, interim orders.
- Ensure that received goods match purchase requisitions and meet company’s standards.
- Perform warehouse functions, which may include loading, picking, packing, scanning, shipping/receiving, general cleaning.
- Must be able to deal with day to day paperwork in a warehouse environment (i.e. picking sheets, waybills, logs).
- Assist in processing yearly and interim returns in accordance with Vendor policies.
- Ensure all customer orders are complete, documentation is accurate and distributed, and products are shipped according to delivery schedule.
- Professional communication via phone, email and in person with customers/vendors.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for meeting delivery deadlines & customer commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn different Logistical Programs and shipping protocols.
- A Safe Attitude and comply with Health and Safety practices and procedures including wearing PPE such as steel toed work boots or shoes.
- General inventory stock management.
- Accept other responsibilities as required to support the company’s business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude, with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Superb customer service skills and strong organizational skills.
- Good data entry and data management/reconciliation abilities.
- Ability to work in a quick-paced group environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to multiple data, information and lookup systems used by different vendors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and capable of standing or sitting for long periods of time at different desk or counter heights and on varying surfaces.
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks in indoor and outdoor environment (training will be provided).
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Shipper Receiver or in a similar role.
- Experience in warehousing and distribution environment is a plus.
- High School Diploma.
- Wage between $19.59 - $22.14 depending on experience and qualification.
- 2 weeks vacation
- Extended Benefits
- This is a Unionized position, and the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Shipper Receiver is based out of the Prince George's office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and will evolve as technology and policies and procedures change.