Shipper / Receiver
As the Helper you play a key role in operation of our parts and equipment business. You will work under the direction and guidance of others to perform general duties such as shipping, ordering, receiving, logging, organizing parts and equipment. Your attention to detail and conscientious efforts will support the team’s efforts in providing high levels of timely and accurate service to each other and to our customers.
- Professional communication via phone, email and in person with customers;
- Supports the Parts Department including the shipping & receiving of inventory, lookup and sourcing of parts and opening and closing of invoices, core and warranty returns;
- When assisting the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and cheque procedures of the dealership;
- Assist with processing cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale;
- Maintains the retail sale floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards;
- Assists in keeping parts department, inventory warehouse and shipping & receiving clean and orderly;
- Maintains the yard and warehouse ensuring all equipment is moved and stored in the proper location.
- Demonstrates a positive team attitude with a willingness to learn;
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description;
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Average computer skills to include: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, knowledge of Softbase operating system preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of warehouse and material inventory controls, procedures and practices an asset;
- Physical capabilities necessary to perform the duties of the position. Able to lift in excess of 50lbs;
- Ability to drive a forklift. Training can be provided.
- Experience in an Automotive/Industrial parts department an asset but not required;
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related training and experience;
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record. Must be able to produce a driver’s abstract upon request.
- This is a Unionized position, and the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- Salary $22.14 and pension $3.25
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Helper is based out of the Kelowna office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with WIlliams Machinery.