Inside Sales Representative - Heavy Equipment
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Our Used Equipment Team is growing! A new opportunity has become available for two Inside Sales representatives to join our Surrey and Abbotsford teams. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for all outbound calls by prospecting, selling, closing, processing, and coordinating opportunities and deals with Rental Houses, Independent Dealers, and Wholesalers. You will be responsible for the following:
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow-ups, and qualification of leads to actively seek out new customers;
- Procurement of Used Equipment by developing and maintaining strong relationships with Rental Houses, Independent Dealers, Wholesalers and other key players in the industry;
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand;
- Successfully negotiate and close deals;
- Utilize Salesforce to support the sales process; maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files, and sales activity information;
- Work with marketing to keep all promotional material updated and assist in the preparation of advertisement on external webpages, email blasts, inserts, brochures, and/or any other relevant material;
- Coordinate the transportation/delivery of equipment;
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of customer service;
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Used Sales Manager;
- Visit customers, as required;
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-3 years experience in Sales or a similar capacity;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline;
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of the sales process, strong negotiation skills, and results-oriented;
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs specifically, outlook, word, and excel;
- Must have own car, valid drivers’ license, and ability to travel in North America;
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.