Field Service Technician / Heavy Duty Mechanic
Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Are you interested in servicing a diverse range of equipment, including Bobcat, Linde, Doosan, Clark, and Vermeer? From skid steers to excavators and more, our service teams handle it all. We are looking for a Service Technician to join our Williams Machinery dealership in the Surrey team. Reporting to the Service Manager, a successful candidate is customer-focused and a team player who can work independently. No matter which industry you have experience in, we hone your transferable skills and teach you all about the ever-changing world of equipment!
- Efficiently and effectively evaluate the working condition of, diagnose, assemble/disassemble, order parts for, and repair equipment;
- Utilize OEM diagnosis software and interface tools to repair of Material Handling Equipment, Arial Equipment and other Heavy Duty Equipment as required.
- Work closely with the OEM Technical support group;
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals;
- Perform routine scheduled, planned maintenance services and safety inspections;
- Continually assess service task hazards and ensure work is performed safely, and to accepted standards;
- Road test equipment and check attachment operation as required
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement;
- Build and maintain customer relationships while at worksite and through Service Advisors;
- Complete detailed service reports, time cards, warranty documentation and other documentation;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, through quality of repairs;
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology;
- Employ workplace health and safety practices at all times;
- Protect all company assets while in use from damage or theft and complete regular service truck cleaning, organization and servicing;
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Heavy-Duty Journeyman certification or equivalent (no-licensed technicians with at least four years of working experience as HD mechanics)
- Experience in LPG / Gas engine service, repair, and overhaul;
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Intermediate English language skills (Spoken and written)
- A valid driver's license and current Driver's abstract may be required. *
Benefits and Perks:
*Our Service Technicians enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers. The salary range for a service technician varies from $38.01/hr to $44.64/hr, depending on the experience and qualifications. A valid driver's license and current Driver’s abstract may be required.*
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.