Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales , the successful candidate manages, coaches and leads a team of sales representatives (focused on a particular product line and/or geographical area) to meet and exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives. The Sales Manager works closely with the Vice President, Executives and others as required in order to develop the appropriate business and staffing plans that support sales and corporate objectives.
- Work closely with sales reps in pursuing opportunities, providing guidance and coaching to meet and exceed sales targets;
- Mentor sales team on sales process and methodology using weekly calls, monthly meetings and joint calls/ride a-longs;
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives;
- Creates and fosters a sales culture of accountability and performance;
- Ensures maximum sales volume at minimum cost;
- Manages team sales budget and regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity and forecasting information to VP of Sales;
- Works closely with VP of Sales to develop business and staffing plans that tie directly into corporate objectives;
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity;
- Further develop and or maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business is captured;
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Develop strong business relationships with clients, others in the industry and internal partners such as service, parts, marketing, etc.;
- Utilize our customer relationship management system Salesforce, to support the sales process and maintain accurate customer information;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop/maintain key relationships;
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees;
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated and improved;
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning;
- Train, develop, mentor and coach junior team members;
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment;
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of a defined sales process;
- Proven sales management experience;
- Strong forecasting and funnel management;
- Results oriented and effective decision making ability;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- High level of customer focus;
- Sound knowledge of problem solving techniques;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Builds and maintains relationships;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Experience and Education:
- 5 + of successful sales experience in sales of equipment or similar machinery/industry
- 2-5 years’ experience in managing small teams and/or coaching and mentoring others;
- Post secondary education in a related discipline
- High school diploma.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.