Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Parts Person supports the Parts Department by handling parts sales, shipping & receiving of inventory, lookup and sourcing of parts and opening and closing of invoices.
- Professional communication via phone, email and in person with customers;
- Supports the Parts Department including the shipping & receiving of inventory, lookup and sourcing of parts and opening and closing of invoices, core and warranty returns;
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and cheque procedures of the dealership;
- Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale;
- Maintains the retail sale floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards;
- Assists in keeping parts department, inventory warehouse and shipping & receiving clean and orderly;
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description;
- Demonstrates a positive team attitude with a willingness to learn;
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude, with good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Superb customer service skills and strong organizational skills;
- Good data entry and data management/reconciliation abilities;
- Ability to work in a group environment;
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and hours if required;
- Basic knowledge of automotive or heavy duty parts – previous experience an asset;
- Ability to learn and adapt to multiple data, information and lookup systems used by different vendors;
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, and capable of standing or sitting for long periods of time at different desk or counter heights and on varying surfaces;
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks in indoor and outdoor environment (training will be provided);
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships ;
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Parts Department or similar;
- High school diploma.
- Wage $26.95 plus $3.75 pension.
- 2 weeks vacation.
- This is a Unionized position, and the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Parts Person is based out of the Prince George's office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.